Reacquaint yourself with nature at the secluded, almost secretive Setthorns campsite.
Cosy nooks and hidden pathways make up this site, which intertwines seamlessly with the surrounding woodlands.
With 237 pitches for tents, caravans and motorhomes, Setthorns campsite blends with the New Forest effortlessly. Trees and bushes separate pitches to create a completely private and tranquil feel, whilst its rugged edge is sure to give you a sense of adventure. Beyond the pitches, you won’t know where the campsite ends and the forest begins.
Winding paths loop through the site branching off in various directions, adding to its character. With forest on all sides, and even running through the middle, take off on foot or by bike onto one of the many waymarked routes through the forest, and you’ll soon be in the midst of your next adventure. With direct access from the campsite, the nearby disused railway line is a great place to start.
Pitching your tent at Setthorns will put you in prime position to enjoy the abundance of New Forest wildlife, including the free roaming ponies and deer. Rare, wild birds can be seen in their natural environment, and small mammals busy themselves as they go about their daily lives in the forest’s heathland and woodland.
Directions to Setthorns
From the West
- Follow the A31 and approximately two miles after Ringwood, take the exit on the right to Burley.
- After the Shell Garage, turn right under the bridge.
- Travel through Burley and after approximately two miles you will see the Station Tea House on the right.
- Stay on this road until you see a blue and white ‘Setthorns Campsite’ sign.
- Turn right and the site is 400m on your right.
From the North and East
- Follow the M27 and exit at J1 on to the A337 to Lyndhurst.
- Go through Lyndhurst and at the Ferrari garage turn right onto the A337 to Brockenhurst.
- Get into the left hand lane and stay on the A337.
- You will pass Hollands Wood Campsite and the Balmer Lawn Hotel on your left.
- Keep going until you reach the Filley Inn pub on your left.
- Turn right here and follow this road.
- You will pass under two railway bridges.
- Turn right after the second bridge and Setthorns Campsite is approximately one mile on the left.